2022 Premium HP 27 60Hz 27″ Widescreen IPS LED FHD 1080P Anti-Glare Monitor
SAMSUNG 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor
Which monitor should I buy on Black Friday?
When you’re playing games or watching series, it’s nice not having to squint to see details, but being able to fully immerse yourself in the action. A screen (connected to your PC) gives you all of that.
So before you jump into comparisons and pixels and other details: You can buy a refurbished monitor cheaper than new any day of the year.
Here are our top three monitor brands and deals for Black Friday 2022:
- The classic: HP monitors from 99$
- The all-rounder: Lenovo monitors from 124$
- The gamer: Curved monitors from 99$
Good to know: What types of screens are there?
Before you buy a new monitor, you should know what types of monitors there are . Today you can find four different types of monitors – There was a time when all monitors were flat and there were no concave models. Originally a monitor was part of the tower and was sold with it.
Apple naturally wanted to stand out from the crowd and integrated the tower into the screen, resulting in the all-in-one screens. But Apple also has Apple monitors – I didn’t know that either!
- Plasma: Don’t be afraid of the term plasma, which simply describes a 4ᵉ state of matter. You should know that with the advent of LCD and OLED, these plasma screens are no longer manufactured. But that doesn’t mean we should throw away our screens. Refurbishers give them a new life and they might well make you happy.
- Between LCD and OLED: OLED is better. They are LED screens that are better at displaying colors and especially black. They have better contrast and can be viewed from any angle. On the other hand, LCDs use less energy, which is their strength.
- The Retina Display: Retinas have become synonymous with Apple. It’s a registered trademark that describes their LCD screens with more pixels; with more pixels, your eyes tire less quickly. Of course, there are also the iMac models. These all-in-one devices are great for graphics editing or video cutting.
The Retina display is also available on all MacBooks, and the latest models, like the MacBook Pro 16 -inch 2021, have a Liquid Retina XDR display . Apple developed this format to meet our highest standards . This display supports Extreme Dynamic Range with high contrast and high brightness.
Good to know: What sizes are there?
If you’re looking for a monitor, it’s either because you’re using a tower or your laptop screen isn’t big enough. Either way, the format will be larger than 17 inches (about 43 cm).
Here are the three most commonly searched sizes:
All these formats come from different brands, be it ASUS, Samsung, Gigabyte, Dell, MSI or Acer. Size isn’t everything, what matters is the resolution: that can be HD (high definition), FHD (full high definition) or 4K .
Depending on your preferences and the size of your room, you can use a TV screen as a PC screen . For example, I don’t have a TV because I already have two large monitors at home for the purpose of working from home and they take up enough space anyway! Why leave that pleasure to console users?
IMPORTANT: To do this, you should pay close attention to the necessary connectors and cables.
A comparison of the four most common screen connections:
- VGA: The classic from the 1980s
- DVI: The first purely digital connection
- HDMI: Works similar to DVI, only more modern
- Displayport (DP): Even higher resolution and a better signal
Sceptre 24″ Curved 75Hz Gaming LED Monitor
SAMSUNG 32-inch M5 Smart Monitor with Mobile Connectivity
Which monitor is the best for gaming?
A gaming monitor is often an art object. A refresh rate of over 120 Hz, excellent contrast and thin bezels : these are the basic ingredients for a good gaming screen.
The most effective brands for gaming are those that make computers for gaming (MSI, HP, ASUS ROG), they understand the need for fluidity and immersion.
These are the best screens for gaming:
- Samsung Gaming Screen : Odyssey G7, 240 Hz, 32 inches, curved and many ports
- Asus Gaming Screen : ASUS ROG XG438Q (43 inch)
When choosing a screen, you should look at your desktop PC and the capabilities of your graphics card. If you want to take full advantage of your screen and its capabilities, you need a very powerful graphics card. The market leaders in this area are AMD and Nvidia.
Should you wait for Black Friday to buy your monitor?
We don’t see any advantage in waiting for Black Friday or Cyber Monday to buy a very good monitor at a great price from Back Market. We always have Black Friday prices.
You can find all of the above brands and even models that are no longer on sale. And all this with the fact that these products have been checked and repaired by professionals.